Operations SupportDepartment: Warehouse, Office and Packing Teams
Location: Middlesex, VT
Rate: $18-20/hr DOE and full time benefits
Farmers To You is a fast growing company in central Vermont committed to supporting local farms and re-building our regional food system. We have a fun, team-oriented work environment that includes lots of good food!
The operations support person will facilitate the smooth running of the packing process as well as assist with overall warehouse function and offer office-related support. This position will support the safety and efficiency of Farmers to You systems as they evolve. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented ‘big-picture’ person, with strong communication skills and enthusiasm.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operational support for all aspects of our warehouse and packing operations
- Bridging office and warehouse/pick tasks
- Oversee the layout and flow of the warehouse for efficient use of space
- Help with pickups and deliveries of farm orders, donations, recycling etc.
- Work with the pick and pack team on packing days
- Assist with warehouse safety procedures and training
- Ensure compliance to USDA and State regulations: scales, temperature monitoring; log tags, thermometers on freezers and in coolers etc.
- Equipment purchasing, maintenance, and care
- Inventory, ordering & receiving of warehouse and office supplies
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to see the big picture of our operations while keeping track of necessary details
- Ability to think critically about and adjust to a dynamic work environment
- Functional skill with microsoft excel, word, google sheets and docs
- Ability to work well as a part of a team and communicate across teams
- Ability to enroll others in new ideas and innovations
- Proactively completes maintenance tasks as needed
HOURS and LOCATION
- Position is based at the Farmers To You Hub in Middlesex, VT
- Total 30-35 hours/week
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time as needed.
Please send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
Farmers To You (FTY) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. FTY is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at FTY are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, sex, gender, sexual orientation or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FTY will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. FTY encourages applicants of all ages and abilities.
We value employees who share our passion for Healthy Farms, Healthy Families and a Healthy Planet.