Marketing CoordinatorDepartment: Sales & Marketing
Location: Boston or Vermont
Hours: Full time, salaried
Rate: Compensation based on experience
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for creating effective workflow processes to support content development, management and distribution. This key member of the Sales & Marketing team will support branding and messaging around themes of sustainability in the food system, climate-friendly farming, and local food. The ideal candidate will be a strong writer/editor and be able to create excellent content and communications tools such as website landing pages, social posts, emails, blog posts, recipes, etc. This role reports to the Marketing Manager.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES - Not limited to, but include:
- Manage an editorial calendar that guides content development and distribution.
- Oversee the Content Management System for the website, creating, editing and updating marketing content on the website.
- Create or assemble communications projects such as landing pages, newsletters, and promotional emails.
- Assist with copywriting, editing, and development of content that helps articulate the value of FTY in various channels, including: email, social, listservs, blog, print media and web.
- Engage with Facebook and Instagram audiences by responding to comments and DMs, encouraging and engaging with user-generated content, and staying up to date on trends.
- Develop strategic partnerships with farms and vendors with the purpose of connecting farmers to customers, driving sales, and strengthening branding.
- Assist with management of the company’s photography and video library. Provide support for photo shoots and video production.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Farmers To You brand values, and help build this understanding with partners, customers and staff.
- Understand and provide regular updates on metrics and objectives that support the overall communications and marketing efforts at FTY.
- Support product sampling and marketing events in Boston and Vermont.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- An analytical mind and interest in data.
- Marketing and sales processes awareness and experience.
- A record of successful project management.
- Skilled in interpersonal relations and collaboration with demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Proficient with Google Workspace and other common business computer programs and applications; comfortable learning new programs
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, etc or 3 years of professional experience
- Able to juggle, prioritize, and advance multiple projects successfully
- Attention to detail, highly organized and flexible
- Experience with graphic design and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Experience with Campaign Monitor (or similar email building software) a plus
- Passion for sustainable food systems, regenerative agriculture and local food and farms a plus
- Exemplifies integrity, honesty and trust
- Encourages innovation, creativity and simplicity
- Takes pride in quality work
- Appreciates individual initiative and accountability
- Committed to a healthier food system, and a cleaner, more sustainable planet.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time as needed.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Farmers To You (FTY) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. FTY is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at FTY are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, sex, gender, sexual orientation or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FTY will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. FTY encourages applicants of all ages and abilities.
We value employees who share our passion for Healthy Farms, Healthy Families and a Healthy Planet.