HR SpecialistDepartment: Administrative
Location: Middlesex, VT and remote
Hours: Full Time
About Farmers To You
Farmers To You is committed to healthy farms, healthy families, and a healthy planet. We are an online farm-to-table grocer focused on developing lasting partnerships and mutual understanding between our customers and the growers who produce the amazing food we sell. The majority of our sales are currently in the Boston area, with additional sites in Central VT, and the Champlain Valley. The FTY Team is passionate about working collaboratively to change the food system and build strong connections between the families and farmers who feed and support each other.
The HR Specialist works to create, document, and support self-sustaining, redundant, and replicable HR and Organizational processes at Farmers To You. They serve as a central support for all FTY teams in documentation and communication of process and procedure as well as a main resource for HR best practices. This position is full time and splits time between the Middlesex, VT hub office and a remote but local home office.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruiting and Internal Career Pathing
- Guides and assists in hiring for open positions
- Works to support skill development and internally fill open positions whenever possible
- HR Documentation, Compliance, and Workplace Safety
- Maintains employee records, required signage, and reporting for necessary government agencies
- Documents and communicates policies along to ensure safe and compliant operations
- Compensation and Benefits
- Manages and administers employee benefits: serves as primary contact for vendors, facilitates open and new hire enrollment procedures
- Provides compensation insight across the company: works with FTY leadership to ensure equitable compensation with an eye to market factors and employee retention
- HR and Payroll Technology
- Serves as point of contact for our HR and Payroll software vendor (Paycom), supports employees in their utilization of the technology
- Employee Relations
- Provides confidential support as needed to all employees in HR-related matters
- Works with staff and leaders to identify potential sources of conflict, assists in responding to conflict if it does arise
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- 2 or more years of experience working in HR, payroll, or employee benefits
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage competing priorities and tasks
- Confidence in learning and instructing others to use new computer programs
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience with benefits administration, HRIS, or QuickBooks
- Project management skills
- Interest in sustainability and local food systems
Please send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
What is listed above is representative of the responsibilities of the position but is not meant to be an exhaustive list. Responsibilities may change during employment at the company’s discretion.
Farmers To You (FTY) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. FTY is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at FTY are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, sex, gender, sexual orientation or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FTY will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. FTY encourages applicants of all ages and abilities.
We value employees who share our passion for Healthy Farms, Healthy Families and a Healthy Planet.