Farm Pickup DriverDepartment: Pack Team & Delivery Team
Location: Middlesex, VT
Rate: $18.00 - $23.45 / hr
Farm Pickup Drivers collect some of Vermont’s best food from farms and producers in Northern Vermont. We have built strong relationships with our producers and Farm Pickup Drivers are a crucial link in our system.
Farm Pickup Drivers should be available to substitute for Vermont Boston Drivers. Drivers will be cross trained on Pack Team and the ideal candidate is enthusiastic about working in a team warehouse environment.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Possession of or ability to obtain a DOT medical card
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., bend and twist, and carry out repetitive tasks.
- Ability to safely operate an under-CDL straight truck, including in inclement weather conditions, for a shift that is up to 16 hours in duration. Complies with traffic laws and DOT regulations at all times.
- Receiving duties and attention to detail: Drivers must pick up the correct product and check product against the paperwork.
- Communication skills: Drivers must communicate effectively and actively, both with other FTY staff and farm owners/employees.
- Self-directed: Drivers must be able to plan out routes, manage time effectively, and be adaptable. As part of our team, they must be able to ask for support when needed and to keep the whole picture in mind.
- Availability to substitute for Vermont-Boston drivers.
HOURS & LOCATION
- Position is based at the Farmers To You Hub in Middlesex, VT, and includes travels to the Boston area.
- Farm Pickup Driver hours are Tuesday 6:30am - approximately 3:30pm
- Pack Team hours are Tuesday (approximately 11am - 9pm) and/or Wednesday (approximately 9am-6pm).
- Vermont-Boston Driver hours are approximately 6:30am to 10:30pm on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Please send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Farmers To You (FTY) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. FTY is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at FTY are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, sex, gender, sexual orientation or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FTY will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. FTY encourages applicants of all ages and abilities.
We value employees who share our passion for Healthy Farms, Healthy Families and a Healthy Planet.