Driver CoordinatorDepartment: Fulfillment
Location: Middlesex, VT and remote
Farmers To You is an online farm-to-table grocer focused on developing lasting partnerships and mutual understanding between our customers and the growers who produce the amazing food we sell. The majority of our sales are currently in the Boston area, with additional sites in Central VT and the Champlain Valley. The FTY Team is passionate about working collaboratively to change the food system and we build connections between families and farmers who feed and support each other.
The Lead Driver Coordinator position is responsible for coordinating, hiring and training new drivers making the weekly Vermont to Boston deliveries to Farmers To You pick up sites and home delivery vans.
Our Boston to Vermont drivers act as both drivers to assure the safe and timely delivery of our farmers food to our Boston families and are lead customer service representatives while distributing the food as families come to our 26 pick up sites in the metro Boston region. They act as the face and voice of Farmers To You for our member families and volunteer site hosts.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hires and Trains new drivers with the assistance of our HR Coordinator. Ensures that drivers receive timely performance and pay evaluations.
- Manages drivers schedules - and coordinates coverage of all delivery routes to and from
- Boston and Vermont
- On Call to provide support and information to drivers Wednesday - Friday each week
- Schedules and plans agendas for Driver Training meetings every 6 weeks
- Develops and communicates protocols and best practices
- Facilitates cross team communications between driver team and other teams
- Approves driver timesheets and CTO requests
Routing and Logistics Support:
- Coordinates with Boston Logistics to develop new routes
- Documentation of routes and processes and procedures for Boston-Vermont drivers
- Participates in staff / leadership meetings.
- Participates in the budgeting process
- Monitors truck maintenance and repair to assure readiness
- Coordinates farm pick up routes with Purchasing Team
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Safe driving record and willingness to drive the
- Boston to VT run on a regular basis
- Good communications skills
- Good customer service skills
- Physically able to perform the driver work and be safe
- Ability to work well as a part of a team and communicate across teams
- Ability to enroll others in new ideas and innovations
- Well organized with an eye for detail
Please send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
What is listed above is representative of the responsibilities of the position but is not meant to be an exhaustive list. Responsibilities may change during employment at the company’s discretion.
Farmers To You (FTY) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. FTY is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at FTY are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, sex, gender, sexual orientation or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FTY will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. FTY encourages applicants of all ages and abilities.
We value employees who share our passion for Healthy Farms, Healthy Families and a Healthy Planet.