Location: Middlesex, VT - and remote
Hours: Full Time
About Farmers To You
Farmers To You is committed to healthy farms, healthy families, and a healthy planet. We are an online farm-to-table grocer focused on developing lasting partnerships and mutual understanding between our customers and the growers who produce the amazing food we sell. The majority of our sales are currently in the Boston area, with additional sites in Central VT, and the Champlain Valley. The FTY Team is passionate about working collaboratively to change the food system and build strong connections between the families and farmers who feed and support each other.
We’re seeking an experienced accountant to manage our Administrative, Human Resource and Financial team. The ideal candidate will have proven industry experience in accounting and human resources, preferably in a senior role. As a strong communicator and skilled financial analyst, you will make it your mission to streamline our budgeting, payroll, and financial reporting processes. You will produce thorough financial-status reports for senior management to help improve our operational efficiency and aid in our continued growth. You will manage our HR functions in support of our core managers.
Objectives of this Role
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior management by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points
- Guide financial decisions by applying company policies and procedures to current economic landscape
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines
- Develop, implement, and maintain HR functions
- Achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective action
- Maximize payroll efficiency through innovative process development
- Help develop and support short and long-term operational strategies
- Business and Operational Management Support
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements as well as the requirements of private contributions, loans, and government contracts
- Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and both team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures
- In conjunction with the CEO, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a bi-weekly, monthly, and annual basis
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow
- Manage and support accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity
- Manage Human Resource policy and procedures to assure compliance and a fair and transparent working environment - guide and instruct managers and administrative staff in best practices
- Oversee relationships with vendors of employee benefits and complete monthly premium calculations
- Participate as a member of the Core Leadership Team
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field
- 10+ years proven accounting and HR experience
- Professional accounting certification, including CMA, CGA, or CA
- Working knowledge of finance law, human resource law, and regulatory standards (GAAP)
- 5+ years experience as a senior-level accounting or finance manager
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis
- Proven payroll experience, with a focus on streamlining accounting processes
- Exemplary history of financial project management
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting
- Experience in HR policies and procedures
Please send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
What is listed above is representative of the responsibilities of the position but is not meant to be an exhaustive list. Responsibilities may change during employment at the company’s discretion.
Farmers To You (FTY) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. FTY is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at FTY are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, sex, gender, sexual orientation or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FTY will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. FTY encourages applicants of all ages and abilities.
We value employees who share our passion for Healthy Farms, Healthy Families and a Healthy Planet.