Watermelon Radish Salad Print Serves: 8 A simple salad that pairs the sharpness of the radish with the smooth flavor of the avocado dressing. So good! Adapted from a recipe by Tasha DeSerio & Jodi Liano Ingredients
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1½ tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1½ tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 2 -3 watermelon radishes, very thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Farmers To You Ingredients:
Other Fresh and Pantry Ingredients:
- olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, avocado
- Peel a large shallot and finely dice it.
Snappy and crisp Screamin’ Ridge radishes paired with Pete’s delicate and tender shoots and Willow Moon Farm’s salty goat feta – yum! That combo alone would be great, but I impulsively threw in some chopped dates for a smidge of sweet & chewy, and toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds) for an extra crunch. I used what my son calls the “good” dressing on this, but really most any vinaigrette would work.
Spring Shoot, Radish and Feta Salad Print Serves: 2-3 Ingredients
Pan-Asian Slaw Print Ingredients Shred six cups of any of the following (a Cuisinart helps here):
- ½ t salt
- 2 t sugar
- 3 T rice vinegar or white vinegar
- Mix salt, sugar and vinegar together in a small bowl. Combine all shredded vegetables except for the minced shallots in a large bowl. Put the shallots on the top in a small pile.