Kale, Lemon and Cranberry Salad Print Serves: 6 Quick to make and delicious to eat. The lemon dresses the kale and the cranberries add just the right amount of sweetness. Ingredients
- 2 bunches kale
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1+ tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp celery salt
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup roasted sunflower seeds (optional)
Farmers To You Ingredients:
Other Fresh and Pantry Ingredients:
- celery salt
- salt and pepper
- Wash and remove ribs from kale.
Partner Family Recipe: Kale Salad with Blue Cheese and Apples
Hi, I made a great kale salad using all Farmers to You ingredients!
finely chop red kale, mix with a dressing of sunflower oil and cider vinegar. Let sit for 20-30 mins.
add Hazen Blue cheese, toasted pecans and small slices of honey crisp apples.
It was easy, healthy, delicious and kept in the fridge for at least 3 days!
Hope you try it!
This is one from a developing series of recipes suggested by Farmers To You partner families and WE NEED A PHOTO!
Sausage and Kale Soup Print Author: Shannon Hepburn Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch chunks
- 1 bunch kale (any kind) center stems removed and roughly chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 pound sausage, removed from casings (just squeeze out the meat)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large soup pot heat the oil over medium heat.
A steamy bowl of savory soup is one of my favorite foods on a chilly morning. My son and I like to talk about how we’re “starting our fires” when we eat warm and nourishing foods for breakfast. I’ve enjoyed Jaime Oliver’s minestrone and a lovely kale, sausage and potato. FYI – I swapped out several ingredients in the minestrone because I made the soup last minute. I used what I had on hand and the results were great. For example I only had yellow onions, not red.
Grilled Russian Kale with Yogurt Dressing Print Author: Adapted from Travis Lett of Gjelina Ingredients
- Adapted from Travis Lett of Gjelina
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, or strained whole milk yogurt
- 1 shallot, very thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 10 mint leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 to 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup raw hazelnuts (skin on)
- 2 bunches Russian kale, stems removed (or your favorite variety of kale)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees, and heat a gas to medium-high or prepare a charcoal grill
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, shallot, garlic, mint, one-fourth cup olive oil, 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, one-fourth teaspoon salt and one-fourth teaspoon pepper.
Posted in Recipes, Shannon's Kitchen Also tagged fall, gluten free, greek, grilled, lunch, salad, salad dressing, spring, summer, vegetarian, yogurt