Summer Gazpacho Print Serves: 4 - 6 Full of the intensity of summer garden flavors, this cold soup is quick to make and a wonderful light meal. Takes about 15 minutes to prepare! Ingredients
- 1 ½ pounds of garden tomatoes
- 1 pound cucumber
- 1 red pepper
- 1 small – medium red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, or to taste
- juice of half a lemon (or your favorite wine vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons salt +/-
- hot pepper flakes, to taste
- parsley for garnish
Farmers To You Ingredients:
Other Fresh and Pantry Ingredients:
- lemon, salt, hot pepper flakes
- Wash, core and coarsely chop tomatoes.
Fresh Homemade Raita Print Cool and refreshing, raita is wonderful as a side dish, a dipping sauce for bread and vegetables or a dressing. An excellent accompaniment to grilled meat. Ingredients Ingredients
- 1 cup whole organic yogurt
- ½ cup cucumber, grated
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (or mint)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 garlic clove, pressed (optional) -- see note below
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional) -- see note below
- 1 – 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional) -- see note below
Farmers To You Ingredients
Other Fresh or Pantry Ingredients
- ground cumin, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste
- Grate cucumber.
There are endless variations and no need for a recipe. Here are a few things to keep in mind when assembling a chopped salad. These tips are from the great food blog the Kitchn.
skip the lettuce
the allure of a chopped salad comes from all those small crunchy bits mixed together. the lettuce only gets in the way – save it for a “regular” salad.
beans are bite sized and their creamy texture is a great complement to the other crunchy bits. any beans are good: black, white, kidney, adzuki, great northern, garbanzo, etc…
watch out for watery fruit & veg
tomatoes can be hard to chop without getting liquid everywhere – not to mention waterlogging your chopped salad.
Salad on A Stick Print If your kid is not keen on eating salad, try putting it on a stick. Ingredients
- Spear the above ingredients onto wooden skewers in a fun pattern. The spinach leaves may be folded into little squares for easier skewering. The shoots may be speared through the leafy part.