Quick Sauteed Collard Ribbons Print Author: Fine Cooking Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1-1/2 lb. collard greens (about 30 leaves)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 small cloves garlic, lightly smashed and peeled
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- In a small bowl, whisk the malt vinegar and maple syrup.
- Trim the center stem from each collard leaf with a sharp knife, dividing the leaf completely in half lengthwise as you cut away the stem.
So what do you cook for dinner when you finally make it into your kitchen (late) after a long summer day? Here are a few quickies to try. These light meals also leave you room for dessert – maybe a dish of amazing Strafford ice cream strewn with fresh berries & a drizzle of maple.
EAT WELL AND BE WELL
Wilted Greens With BBQ Tempeh Print Ingredients
- Heat the oil in a skillet and add the diced onion. Saute over medium heat for 7 to 10 minutes until the onions are soft and lightly browned. Stir in the chopped chard until it begins to wilt, about two minutes. Remove the chard and onions to a plate or shallow bowl and add the tempeh to the skillet.
Posted in Recipes, Shannon's Kitchen Also tagged beet greens, budget, chard, fall, kale, lunch, quick, spring, tempeh, vegan, vegetarian