Tee hee. Last week we had SOUP FOR BREAKFAST – at least I did. I would be curious to know if anyone out there actually had soup for breakfast last week? This post could also be SOUP FOR LUNCH, SOUP FOR SNACK, SOUP FOR DESSERT – you get it, it’s all good.
This first soup is super fast & simple and can be made vegan/vegetarian if you use veg stock and omit the cheese.
Silky Cauliflower Soup
This next recipe is more labor intensive than the first and the result is more stew-like than soupy.
Winter Vegetable and Tofu Korma Print Author: 101 Cookbooks Ingredients
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1½ teaspoons turmeric
- 1½ teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1¾ teaspoons ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter, ghee or sunflower oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger, peeled first
- 4 medium cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1½ pounds waxy potatoes, cut into ¼ inch cubes
- 1½ cups cauliflower, cut into tiny trees
- ⅔ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more to taste (whatever salt you use is fine)
- 12 ounces firm tofu, cut into ¼ inch cubes
- ½ cup greek yogurt – or use full fat plain yogurt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- a small buch of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Combine the cardamom, turmeric, red pepper flakes, cumin, coriander, and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
Posted in Recipes, Shannon's Kitchen Also tagged cream, dinner, fall, korma, potatoes, quick, soup, soy, tofu, vegetarian, winter, yogurt
Silky Cauliflower Soup Print Author: David Lieberman Ingredients
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 quart chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan (optional – soup can be made dairy free)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the leaves and thick core from the cauliflower, coarsely chop and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or soup pot over medium heat and add the onion and garlic.