Our Monthly Stock Up features the following at 10% off for the month of April:
- Organic Ground Beef– Tilldale Farm
- Ground Turkey– Misty Knoll Farm
- Chicken Leg Quarters and Boneless Chicken Breast– Misty Knoll Farm
- Tofu– Vermont Soy Company
- Organic Plain Tempeh– Rhapsody Natural Foods
- Organic Frozen Broccoli, Cauliflower, Peppers and Spinach– Pete’s Greens
Fresh from our Farmers and Producers
We’re excited to introduce another roast from Awake Coffee: Big Buzz. A medium-dark roast that is nutty, rich and smooth. This blend consists of Fair Trade and organic beans sourced from Sumatra and Peru.
David Miskell has Baby Bok Choy fresh out of his impressive glass greenhouses. This succulent green is so fresh it can be enjoyed raw, or lightly sauteed, steamed or added to a soup.
Spring has sprung, and with it we have gorgeous greens to satisfy any salad craving:
- Mesclun– Pete’s Greens
- Pea Tendrils- Jericho Settlers Farm
- Shoots– Pete’s Greens
- Spinach– Blackwell Roots
- Kale– Miskell’s Premium Organics
Tilldale Farm brings a delivery of fresh Beef: Steaks, Short Ribs, Kabobs, Stew Meat, Tongue, Cheeks, Soup Bones, Shanks, Brisket, Chuck Roasts, Liver and Ground Beef. Fire up the grill or try a Wine Braised Short Rib Stew
Fresh and Frozen Fish: Starbird has Frozen King Salmon Filets as well as Smoked Salmon, in addition to Red’s Best fresh selection. Try this Recipe for quick Steamed Flounder, Fresh White Fish or a Salmon Filet with fresh Spinach in place of the mustard greens (we’ll have those soon!)
- Sea Scallops- are rich, delicious and need little preparation- some butter, a wedge of lemon and a nice salad of mesclun and shoots
- Smoked Salmon- pairs perfectly with Cream Cheese on a Bagel or add to Pasta with Frozen Corn and lightly sauteed Pea Tendrils
Valicenti Organico’s fresh pasta makes an excellent meal when accompanied with some Red Hen Bread and a salad.
- Spinach Ravioli
- Sweet Pea with Olive Oil Ravioli
- Potato Chive Gnocchi Sardi
- Gluten Free Spinach Trenne
Don’t forget to check out our Weekly Menus. These are pre-picked orders suited to different dietary preferences; Omnivore, Paleo, Vegetarian and Dairy Free, each accompanied with meal ideas.