Last week Greg cooked up a classic Shepherd’s Pie for our Tuesday staff dinner – comforting, simple and so delicious, we’re featuring some of the key ingredients this week at 10% off:
- Frozen Corn: $4.40 (normally $4.90)
- Gold Potatoes: $4.40 (normally $4.90)
- Ground Beef: $8.30 (normally $9.25) These packages are slightly under our approximate one-pound package, so we’re dropping the price.
- Tempeh: $3.50 (normally $3.90)
Simply saute a Yellow Onion and Carrots, add Ground Beef and/or Ground Lamb, or Tempeh, and cook until browned. Spread on the bottom of a casserole dish.
Defrost a bag of Frozen Corn and sprinkle on top of the Beef/Lamb mixture.
Boil Gold Potatoes until soft, mash with butter and milk until smooth. Spread potatoes over corn and meat, grate some Cheddar Cheese over the top and bake until the top starts to brown.
Snacks from our pantry are still 10% off:
- Matzoh– from Patchwork Bakery
- Cheese Curds– from Sweet Rowen Farmstead
- Hummus– from Screamin Ridge Farm
- Dried Fruit, Nuts and Seeds– from Tierra Farm
Fresh from our Farmers and Producers
We’re saying goodbye to Bohemian coffee as they have recently opened a retail bakery in Montpelier and cannot continue to roast for wholesale customers. Fear not! We have your caffeine needs covered! We have found roaster, Awake Coffee out of Waitsfield, VT with excellent sourcing practices – Certified Organic and Fair Trade, and high quality whole bean roasts. Don’t forget to add your preferred roast to your order this week as we have removed Bohemian’s from your order.
- Hang Loose– a blend of lightly roasted beans with a dash of French roast for a nutty brew, with low acidity, high octane and no bitter aftertaste.
- Dark Star– a well-balanced blend, with a slight caramel flavor. This is a smooth and delicious dark coffee.
Thanks to the ingenuity of our farmers and season extension from greenhouses, we’re thrilled to be bringing you fresh greens in March. While we were just walloped some serious snow, this next week marks the first day of Spring! The lengthening of days is encouraging the greens to grow, so thank you sunshine, and welcome spring!
- Bunched Kale– from Miskell’s Organics, a variety called Western Front, that has proven to be a successful cold hardy type similar to Red and White Russian varieties, with some red coloring in the stem and tender, sweet leaves.
All the fixins for a sweet, super salad:
- Pea Tendrils– Jericho Settlers Farm and Red Wagon Plants
- Shoots – Pete’s Greens
- Beets– boiled or roasted– Pete’s Greens and Foote Brook Farm
- Carrots– grated, ribbons or dimes- Riverberry Farm
- Queso Fresco– Champlain Valley Creamery
- Sunflower Seeds– Tierra Farms
Snug Valley brings a fresh delivery of Pork: chops, country ribs, shoulder roast, tenderloin, slicing ham and cutlets.
Fresh Pasta, Ravioli and Sauces from Valicenti Organico for a quick flavorful supper:
- Moroccan Braised Carrot & Chick Pea Ravioli
- Traditional Spinach Ravioli
- Wild Garlic Scapes Tagliatelle
- Girelle Pasta
- Gluten Free Casarecci
Don’t forget to check out our Weekly Menus. These are pre-picked orders suited to different dietary preferences; Omnivore, Paleo, Vegetarian and Dairy Free, each accompanied with meal ideas.