Grilled veg. One of the most simple and satisfying summer meals you can make. There isn’t much you can’t grill in the way of fresh vegetables. It’s perfect for guests who may have any kind of food sensitivity. You are able to avoid gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, nuts, etc… The vegetables taste great “as is” when they come off the grill or you may drizzle on a vinaigrette before serving. Here are some of the FTY offerings that made it onto my grill last night.
|Grilled Vegetable Platter|| |
- 1 eggplant, cut into rounds
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise into long strips
- 1 fennel bulb (cut off the stems), cut in half preserving the root end and then slicing each half into thirds
- 1 summer squash, sliced lengthwise into long strips
- 1 head of radiccio, quartered
- 6-8 leaves lacinata kale
- 6 – 8 tablespoons sunflower oil or olive oil for coating the vegetables
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Prepare your gas or charcoal grill until hot. Meanwhile generously oil, salt and pepper the cut vegetables. Place eggplant rounds on first, then fennel, squash & zucchini planks and place the kale leaves out of direct fire along with the radiccio wedges. Depending on how hot your grill runs, the timing will vary. The eggplant rounds need the most time, close to 6-8 minutes per side. Turn vegetables as needed to prevent burning and remove when vegetables reach desired doneness.
EAT WELL AND BE WELL